There are four tour operators authorized to do the La Ciudad Perdida trek:
Each company should offer you a similar experience but you will find variations in the itineraries. Please double check with your tour operator for the latest information.
(You will need to dial 03 before calling a mobile phone number from a land line in Colombia)
General Information about the Trek:
- Treks must be arranged through a tour company.
- Tours may leave the next day or take a couple of days to leave, depending on numbers.
- There is a second trail leading to La Ciudad Perdida called the La Tagua route but it is closed (JUNE 2012).
- All companies have agreed to a 600,000 COP (approximately USD$310) price for the trek regardless of the days (there may still be discounts available, especially to groups).
- Helicopters were allowed to land at the site in the past but this has been stopped due to damage to the ruins. Military helicopters may still land at the site.
- Scenic helicopter flights over the Sierra Nevada and La Ciudad Perdida are available.
- Military supplies may be offered for sale but it is illegal for non-military personnel to be in possession of official Colombian military gear.
- English speaking guides are around although they are scarce. (request in advance with the tour company)
- The treks are all inclusive.
- Vegetarian dishes may be an option. (request in advance with the tour company)